Thursday, 12 April 2012
Holiday Compensatory Incentive for Postal Employees
Whenever 3 consecutive holiday are coming. The postal employees has to work in one of the holidays as per rule. April 13, 14, and 15 are holidays(Kerala).A revised order regarding the incentive given to postal employees during holiday duty is reproduced below
File No. 10-7/2001-P.E.II
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan Sansad Marg New
Delhi – 110001
Dated the 24-11-2010
Chief Postmaster General
General Managers (Finance)
Director of Accounts Postal
Revision of Fixed Monetary compensation (FMC) to delivery staff and remuneration to other staff
I am directed to refer to Directorates letter of even number dated 4-9-2002 and 28.1.2003 on the above subject.
2. The Department has received a number of references from the staff Associations requesting for upward revision of fixed Monetary compensation (FMC) admissible to Postmen staff. A Committee of Senior Officers was constituted for looking into the issue and the report of the Committee has been examined carefully in consultation with integrated Finance wing and the Competent Authority has ordered enhancement of the Fixed Monetary compensation (FMC) admissible to Postmen staff. The details are as under:
- When One Postman performs duty of an absentee Postman by combination of duties from Rs.29 per day revised to Rs.50 per day
- When two Postmen perform duty of an absentee Postman by sharing the beat from Rs.14 per day revised to Rs.24 per day
3. The competent Authority has also ordered fixation/revision of Holiday Monetary Compensation payable to Postmen Staff and other Departmental staff brought on duty on 2nd consecutive Holiday if three consecutive holidays occur as shown under:
SupervisorRs.85 per holiday for 4 hours
- for Postal Assistant Rs.85 per holiday for 4 hours
- for Postmen/Sorting Postmen Rs.85 per holiday
- for Multi tasking staff Rs.60 per holiday for 4 hours
4. All other conditions for payment of Fixed Monetary compensation (FMC) issued vide OM No.10-23/87-PE.I dt. 21.12.93 and delivery of Unregistered letters on holidays issued under 9-25/92-CI dt. 10.9.92 will remain unchanged.
5. The Expenditure on account of revision has to be met from the allocated funds of the units under the prescribed Head of account.
6. These orders will take effect from the date of issue.
7. This issues in concurrence with the Integrated Finance Wing vide their diary number 286/FA/10/CS dated 24.11.2010.
(K. Rameswara Rao)
Asst. Director General (Estt)